Thursday, December 31, 2009

Little R and Little S Reflections of 2009

Little S:

Hawo! HaWO! haWOoO!
This year I turned one year old
And every day I get more bold
I learned to fall, then I learned to walk
I learned to scream, then I learned to talk
I learned to eat with a fork and a spoon
I learned the shape and name of the moon
I learned to order Brother around like Dada
I learned to cry louder and louder for Mama
I learned to read some words
I learned to name some birds
I did this usually on the toilet seat
As I sat and played with my feet
I learned to clap and sing
I learned to dance and swing
I learned to cry loud at night
to get Mama to turn on the light
I visited the dentist to fix my sore gums
When I left, I cried and sucked my thumbs
I didn't want to leave because they all liked me
"Oh, she's such a brave little cutie!"
I met Barney at Ontario Place
But didn't get to see his real face
I'm learning to swim with Daddy
Every second Sunday, just him and me
Brother and me love Thomas the train
and looking out at the pouring rain
Next year I'll try to clean and sweep
and not to cry and pee when I sleep
I'll try to ask politely
Instead of pointing forcefully
Dada and Mama will be happier then
I'm ready to learn more in 2010!
---

Little R:

Hallo. Cookie. Fanfan (rice).
I still enjoy my babbling during the day coupled with my running patterns in the house, but lately I've been enjoying good nights of sleep thanks to Daddy who sits there to control my inner laugh. Things seem so funny sometimes.

I started a nursery school program in January, only to withdraw in May. I spent my summer working hard to learn to look at people, respond to my name, say hi and bye, mand for what I want... I'm still working hard. I can sit down now when you tell me to, but only when I want to acknowledge you ;) My hair has been cut short twice this year. Maybe they'll let me grow it next year longer.

School will start again next week. it's been nice to spend more time with Sister and Mama, but I am looking forward to going back to my new nursery school where there are lots of teachers who understand my special needs. I am learning to articulate and communicate there, and am encouraged by other students who are trying too.

In 2010, I look forward to eating more rice and possibly some organic eggs from free run hens after I get cured of my allergies. I hope to be able to communicate more effectively so that others understand rather than misunderstand my behaviours. I also look forward to music classes and how to play the piano.

Happy New Year, everyone. Live long and prosper! (I learned that from a character named Spock in a Star Trek movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment